How do I know if I have a mold problem in my home?

This is the number one question we are asked by our customer's, and in most cases of your nose can be a great starting indicator.  This of course along with sinus, allergy, and other negative related health symptoms you may experience!  It may not be the scientific answer you were expecting, but if you home has a strong musty odor there is a good chance your home has mold.  At the very least, those musty odors are gasses emitted by some sort of MVOC’s (Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds) which in fact may be even more harmful to your health than “mold”.  This is why mold isn’t the only thing you need to worry about when it comes to the safety & health of your home.  Yes, it is very important to reduce mold levels in your home, but in reality your goal should be to reduce all potentially harmful microorganisms to safe levels!  There are a number of different microorganisms potentially creating health risks in your home including bacteria, dust mites, animal dander, viruses, etc.  Mold in high levels is just one of those microorganisms liked to very serious health risks.  Also, It is a good thing to note that of great of an “indicator” your nose can be, it in no way leads you directly to the source(s).   This is why it's highly recommended that you hire a professional to inspect, potentially test, and remediate all harmful microorganisms from your environment!  We notice almost always when customers try to remediate mold on their own they end up making the situation drastically worse and costing themselves thousands more in the long run. Remediating harmful toxins & mold from your home is an intricate process that takes mold professionals years of education and field work to fully comprehend.    This is why painting over mold, using unsafe chemicals, improperly handling infected materials, and so on will just cause the toxins to spread even throughout in the air further into your home.  Please don’t risk your health, time, and money trying to remediate mold yourself!  Hire a knowledgeable professional and save yourself the stress!

Mold In New Construction

The concern of mold in new construction is growing rapidly everyday, due to many new reports of serious health issues & complications after new builds.   With the concern reaching an all time high there is still not much being done to help prevent these mold issues in the first place.  Why you ask? Well to start, in most cases builders almost never add mold prevention/remediation expenses in their original proposals.  This leads to clients having to decide themselves later down the line whether they want to spend the extra expense to protect their investment.   This becomes a tough purchase for homeowners to make because it's not a visual luxury item. Newhomeowners don't think that there would ever be mold in a "new house", and nothing is usually done.  Lumber which has been uncovered to the elements for months is now left untreated or even cleaned is then often covered up behind walls! This mistake can end up being very costly for both the homeowner and the contractor going into the future.  The risk of property damage to mold increases, the liability of both the contractor & owner skyrocket, and the potential health concerns to the homeowners can be literally life threatening.   Homeowners with allergies, asthma, and children are at the highest risk of course.  This is why antimicrobials are the future of construction because they can be applied on virtually anything, are safe, and with electrostatic application can become very cost effective.   They provide the extra safety net on top of all other preventive products often used in new construction(insulation, etc.) that literally gives everything in the new home a long-term antimicrobial property.  Potentially, lumber, piping, toilets, baths, sinks.  Literally everything can become antimicrobial products with the newest technology that is out there.   Certain products can even be detected under UV light when applied by a professional.